5.24.2006

A History Lesson

Said The Gramophone just did a post (well, guest post) by Will Butler of The Arcade Fire. He wrote a really interesting and extremely abridged version of rock n' roll history in the Czech Republic. Prague is one of my favorite places in the world; if I could sit on the St. Charles Bridge and watch the sun go down one more time before I die, I will be a happy man. Mr. Butler’s offering brought back a lot of great memories for me and he shows us some great music by way of the Czech Republic; music that was "outlawed" in its time, music that remains as strange and dark as the days it was being passed under the noses of the law by the youth of the nation.
Download
Psi Vojaci - Psi Vojaci.mp3
Psi Vojaci - Narod Psich Vojaku.mp3
Filip Topol and Agon Orchestra - Ziletky
Ex Orkest - Kokend Asfalt.mp3
I had to repost these songs after I heard them but you should really check out the original post at Said The Gramophone for the history behind this music.
Bookmark and Share
posted by pitchblack at 6:25:00 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home